MINI RETREAT: SURVIVING THE HOLIDAYS
Saturday, November 16
9am - 11:30am
Help and hope as you navigate the Christmas season
Wondering how you will survive Christmas? Are you dreading the holidays, knowing that everything has changed and that happy memories from past years can’t be recreated?
Our Surviving the Holidays seminar is especially for people who are grieving a loved one’s death. You’ll learn:
• How to deal with the many emotions you’ll face during the holidays
• What to do about traditions and other coming changes
• Helpful tips for surviving social events
• How to discover hope for your future
Here’s what happens at a Surviving the Holidays mini retreat
A Surviving the Holidays retreat lasts for about two and a half hours. You’ll be welcomed by warm, caring people who understand what you are going through and who want to help. During the seminar, you will:
• Watch a 40-minute video, filled with practical holiday survival tips and the real-life stories of people who have navigated the season after their loved one’s death.
• Hear other seminar attendees explain how they are dealing with the holidays.
• Have the opportunity to share how grief is affecting you. (No pressure—this is optional. We want you to feel comfortable.)
• Receive a personal copy of the GriefShare Holiday Survival Guide.
The Surviving the Holidays mini retreat is November 16 from 9 am to 11:30 am at GCC. Sign up HERE