Our Mission: After a hiatus of four years, a team of five from GCC will be travelling to Kenya December 27-January 7 to minister with our partners there. Our primary focus will be Shepherd’s Little Lambs, a ministry with both a rural and urban center, that assists vulnerable children impacted by HIV/AIDS. Visit the website Shepherd's Little Lambs Kenya for more information and photos. We will be engaging with the staff to provide a New Year’s celebration: a day of food, fun and a gospel presentation to the children and their care-takers, as well a special dinner for the staff. The team will also distribute food to those in greatest need and help with improvement projects at the centers.
The team will also visit our two other partners: Abba’s House, was begun to care for children left orphaned after civil unrest. It has grown to include a farm that provides much of their food and a primary school for the local community. GCC has recently provided funds for a solar installation to generate electricity for the water pump. We will provide a New Year’s celebration meal/party for children and staff, deliver clothing and supplies and help with needed repairs. The ministry of Bishop Paul and Leah Manyara which includes pastoring a large AIC church in Kijabe and overseeing the local church school, as well as 120 pastors of smaller churches in Kenya. GCC provided funds for improvement to the kitchen of the school since our last visit. We will participate in Sunday service, visit the school and interact with local children.
Our desire is to understand the hearts of those who serve and love them well while providing needed supplies, physical help and mutual encouragement.
Ways To Help
1. PRAY for health, safety and unity as we serve the poorest of the poor in Kenya.
2. Fabric and those who sew are also needed to make 75 cloth market bags for food distribution. Instructions for sewing the bags. THIS NEED HAS BEEN MET ALREADY - THANK YOU!
3. Make a financial donation to this trip: At least $8000 will be needed to be used for the activities planned. We will be helping to build a lunch shelter for the children at the Nakuru Center at a cost of $2000. We are also planning a New Years Celebration Day for the families at each of the centers, as well as Food Distribution. There are funds included to purchase any urgently needed shoes, clothing and school supplies in Kenya that we cannot bring with us. There is a need for student computers at Abba’s House that will be purchased locally if funds permit. Funds may be needed to help with some team travel costs.
4. Make a donation of goods for distribution in Kenya:
- Gently used gym-style shoes sized for preschoolers to adult
- Girls briefs underwear for preschoolers through high school
- Boys boxer underwear for preschoolers through high school
Please put your donated items in the wooden box in the lobby any time before December 10